I am currently looking for anyone who may be interested in contributing to this site as a guest writer.

Topics would be yours to choose, as long as they are doctrinally sound. They can be commentaries
on selected verses, whole chapters, whole books, personal devotionals, or Psalms you have written.
I also allow Human interest, World news, and even some political reports, as long as those writings
come from a view point as to the effect they have on a Judeo-Christian Worldview.
Please Contact Me if you are interested.

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

In His Eyes

 “In the Eighties, cheesy movies ruled the day and I loved and still watch most of them. One I like is “Say Anything” that stars Jon Cusack, who is in quiet a few movies I like. In the movie, he is trying to be with a girl who is above his level in terms of looks and where she lives, and when she ends up liking him many are shocked. The most famous scene that many movies have copied and or even, I’m sure many a high schooler or hopeless romantic, like me, is when he takes his boom box and in the rain holds it up with the song, “In Your Eyes.” Part of the chorus says, “In your eyes

“The resolution of all the fruitless searches; In your eyes
I see the light and the heat; In your eyes; Oh, I want to be that complete; I want to touch the light; The heat I see in your eyes.” 
The lengths we go to prove a love.

When man rebelled against God, the original love was broken, but not forgotten by God, in that He sent Jesus to restore that bond of love. It’s very hard for us to understand how that is or even works, because when someone doesn’t love us or hurts us, we become bitter and quit on them. But God’s love is different, as Jeremiah says in chapter Thirty One, 

“The LORD appeared to me ( Israel) from ages past, saying, “I HAVE LOVED YOU WITH AN EVERLASTING LOVE; Therefore with LOVINGKINDNESS I HAVE DRAWN YOU and CONTINUED My faithfulness to you. Again I will build you and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel! You will again be adorned with your tambourines and timbrels And go out to the dances of those who celebrate.”‬ ‭(AMP‬‬)(Emphasis added) 

God knows us so much and even though we may have strayed, have never come to Him, or are still wandering in the desert of our life’s and love for other gods and sin, He waits for us to return to Him so he can rebuild and build us up. Sin as dirty as it is, is never too hard for God to clean and make new. God calls Israel a virgin even though at this time, the nation was a harlot to other gods and ways and He looks at us the same. Isaiah reminds us in chapter one, 

“The Lord says, “Now, let's settle the matter. You are stained red with sin, but I will wash you as clean as snow. Although your stains are deep red, you will be as white as wool.”‬ ‭(GNT‬‬) 

God is like John Cusack in the movie holding up the boom box of His love song to us, for all to hear and we think we are too good, too pretty, too rich, to weak, too ugly, too sinful, but God does’t care where you’ve been or what you’ve done, He desires for you to come back to Him, so He can cleanse us. His love runs deep and wide and goes through all obstacles and ways to help you listen and hear, but we also know that some just won’t. They’re like the dad in the movie who is bitter and hurt from divorce and pain and they don’t feel they can ever love again or allow their hearts to take that chance, and even keep their loved ones from knowing real love. So my question is, where are you with God’s love and how do you feel about all He’s done and continues to do? Do you just not think about it, because your life is good, do you hate Him because life isn’t what you thought it should be, are you straddling the line of both sides, and or are you just fine in your religion and still far away from Him? My prayer is that we hold to what Isaiah Forty three says, 


“For I am the Lord your God, the Holy God of Israel, who saves you. I will give up Egypt to set you free; I will give up Ethiopia and Seba. I will give up whole nations to save your life, because you are precious to Me and because I love you and give you honor.”‬ ‭(GNT‬‬) 

It reminds me of that old children’s bible song, Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red, yellow, black or white, they are precious in His sight, Jesus loves the children of the world!” We are all His children, if we choose to turn and come home to His family. In His eyes, we are complete, in Jesus alone.” Jose Barajas

0 comments:

Post a Comment