I am currently looking for anyone who may be interested in contributing to this site as a guest writer.

Topics would be yours to choose, as long as they are doctrinally sound. They can be commentaries
on selected verses, whole chapters, whole books, personal devotionals, or Psalms you have written.
I also allow Human interest, World news, and even some political reports, as long as those writings
come from a view point as to the effect they have on a Judeo-Christian Worldview.
Please Contact Me if you are interested.

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Game of Thorns!


“I flew in airplanes for over ten years and for about six of those it was weekly for most of those years. Thousands upon thousands of miles in various cities and various people. I took red eye flights, first one out, sat in coach, first class and ate and drank food from the airport or on the plane. I sat next to different people groups, kids, grownups, men and women and had the same flight attendants every once in a while. I always washed my hands prior to boarding, if I used the bathroom on the plane, I washed my hands, and always washed my hands when I got off the plane. I never used hand sanitizer on planes or carried any with me. I took the Greyhound weekly for 7 months from Los Angeles to Phoenix and the same, washed my hands before and after. In all those years and most of my adult life, I rarely get sick, and I mean rarely. I get a cold, maybe once a year, a fever every few years and usually only lasts for a day or less. I drink lots of water and coffee and quit drinking diet soda and before that quit regular soda for over 10 years. I have grandkids that get sick from school and I hug, and hold them and still I don’t get sick as I wash my hands regularly. I also know I’m not immune to disease and sickness as I am not stupid, but just sharing facts.

Paul wrote in Second Corinthians Twelve, beginning in verse five, 

“On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses— though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”  ‭(ESV‬‬) 

I, like Paul dont boast about my life, and what I do because I know I can get cancer, like two of my pastors did and passed away from it. There are people in my church and friends who have lost loved ones to every form of illness out there. We’ve seen random shootings, car accidents, freak accidents, and even thinking about the people who died with Kobe in a helicopter ride going to a basketball game. 

Paul prayed and it wasn’t taken from him, and skeptics will say, see God isn’t real! False prophets will say that we don’t have enough faith, or that we didn’t give enough, or believe enough.  I’ve seen social media burst out with mocking God for all the pain and suffering. I’ve seen His people afraid and cancelling events, and not going to “church” because governments said so. The writer of Hebrews reminds us in chapter ten, beginning in verse twenty three, 

“Let us HOLD FAST the CONFESSION  of OUR HOPE WITHOUT WAVERING, for HE who promised is FAITHFUL. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, NOT NEGLECTING TO MEET TOGETHER, as is the HABIT OF SOME, but ENCOURAGING one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” (ESV) (Emphasis added)

The disciples met knowing the religious leaders were looking to kill them, because they understood that regardless of what was going on in the world, The Ancient of Days is still in control. The people of God have always been under tribulations and persecution, and they suffered and many died, but the gospel and word of God kept being preached.  The writer of Hebrews reminds us in Hebrews eleven, the hall of faith chapter in verse 

“And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.”  ‭(ESV‬‬) 

My faith is my faith and God will get me thru everything, regardless of what the outcome is here on earth. I hurt and deal with normal things as does everyone, but God never promised us painless, no suffering, everything will be okay. He promised us salvation and peace and a life abundantly in Him, but that word abundantly isn’t material necessarily, it’s abundant in His grace and love. I hear many quote Paul’s verse from Philippians four thirteen, 

“I CAN DO ALL THINGS through HIM who strengthens me.” (ESV) (Emphasis added)

But deny Him with their actions, their knowledge, their music, their words, and their love for one another. I know because I did the same thing! Jesus would not be allowed in too many of “America’s” churches. The thorn in Paul’s side, though inconvenient, only made him more humble, more faithful, and more bold, to continue the work he joyfully did for Jesus.

So my question is as the world gets crazier, and this is nothing compared to what is still to come, where do you put your trust? Man’s solutions will pass and not bring answers, and hiding our head in the sand won’t make things better. Drugs, Alcohol, and other escapes only make things worse. False prophets lie of peace and security, because  only God can truly save and give us peace! His security is for eternity and not necessarily for this world, His peace surpasses all understanding, and His love and salvation are free. His grace is sufficient for those who choose to trust fully in Him, for those who repent and are “healed” in His forgiveness. Let go and let God!” Jose Barajas

0 comments:

Post a Comment